Chinese / Lunar New Year 农历新年
Chinese New Year is also known as Spring Festival (春节 chūn jié) or Lunar New Year (农历新年 nóng lì xīn nián), and this year the festival falls on January 25th.
Chinese New Year is one of the most important and celebrated festival for the Chinese. It is a time of family reunion and traditions.
Let’s learn about some common Chinese New Year vocabulary.
This product contains the following worksheets:
Chinese New Year in Chinese Characters
- 农历新年 Lunar New Year / Chinese New Year
- 新年快乐 Happy New Year
- 除夕 Chinese New Year's eve
- 拜年 to visit someone during Chinese New Year
- 过年 to celebrate the Chinese New Year
- 红包 red packet
- 放鞭炮 setting off firecrackers
- 柑橘 Mandarin orange (a citrus fruit)
- 春节 Spring Festival
- 春联 Spring Festival couplets
- 舞狮 lion dance
- 舞龙 dragon dance
- 年夜饭 New Year's eve family reunion dinner
- 年糕 New Year cake (made of glutinous rice flour)
- 恭喜发财 "May you have a prosperous New Year!" (a greeting)
- 1 colouring sheet
This set of worksheets is easy to print:
- 1 PDF file containing 31 pages
- 300 dpi; high quality for printing
- Ready to print on either A4 or Letter size paper
Learn to write Simplified Chinese characters with our custom made PDF worksheets. Every worksheet is specially designed with easy step-by-step visual guide that children can easily trace and write beautiful Chinese characters!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us! Any comments and suggestions are also welcome.