Mid-Autumn Festival 中秋节
Once summer is over and autumn has arrived, it is time to celebrate another traditional Chinese festival and holiday in China.
The Mid-Autumn Festival 中秋节 (zhōng qiū jié) ) is a harvest festival celebrated on the 15th day of the 8th lunar month, which is always on a bright full moon.
During the festival, family members get together for a feast and enjoy the beautiful full moon. Mooncakes are eaten and children play brightly lit lanterns while the adults enjoy tea and moon viewing. If one cannot make it home for the holiday, they can gaze at the moon and think of home and their loved ones.
There are also several legends as to how this festival come about. Thus, children love to gather round their elders to listen to these folklore.
Here are some useful Chinese vocabulary about this festival.
This product contains the following worksheets:
Mid-Autumn Festival in Chinese Characters
- 中秋节 Mid-Autumn Festival
- 月亮 moon
- 月光 moonlight
- 月饼 mooncake
- 赏月 to admire the moon / moon viewing
- 提灯笼 carrying lanterns
- 柚子 pomelo
- 传说 legend / folklore
- 嫦娥奔月 – Chang’e (a young maiden) flying to the moon
- 后羿射日 – Hou Yi (an archer) shoots down the suns
- 玉兔捣药 – [Legend of the] Jade Rabbit pounding medicine on the moon
- 吴刚伐木 – Wu Gang (the woodcutter) chopping the tree on the moon
- 4 colouring pages
This set of worksheets is easy to print:
- 1 PDF file containing 33 pages
- 300 dpi; high quality for printing
- Ready to print on either A4 or Letter size paper
Learn to write Simplified Chinese characters with our custom made PDF worksheets. Every worksheet is specially designed with easy step-by-step visual guide that children can easily trace and write beautiful Chinese characters!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us! Any comments and suggestions are also welcome.